Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Friday Night Feasting




I had the chance to hit a fresh market the other day and picked up some spectacular rib-eye steaks, and some other goodies for the weekend. I normally don't and won't show uncooked food, but these steaks were so pretty I am including a picture. This was a fairly straightforward recipe, the steaks were seasoned with sea salt, fresh pepper, fresh rosemary and a little bit of olive oil. The mushrooms were sautéed with butter and white wine. I also steamed some broccoli and cauliflower, and served with baked potatoes.

I am also going to make a pork roast this weekend, and corn beef and cabbage for Sunday dinner. I love being in the kitchen, It is where I am most relaxed and comfortable. I hope your weekend finds you making something wonderful, and enjoying family as well.

5 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the rest of the pics from this weekend. Loving your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet blog, I'm happy to follow. My fiance wants to know how you made your hot bacon dressing for the salad the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/hot-bacon-dressing/Detail.aspx

    That is essentially the recipe I used, but I replaced the white sugar with brown sugar and added a bit of pepper. It is really great over spinach leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! thanks - can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know how it comes out. Brown sugar makes it a bit sweeter so tread lightly.

    ReplyDelete