Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pork Chops & Rice... oh yes roasted garlic!

I have never tried roast garlic before, and I am sure I will play a bit more with it, since I have some left over, but this added a certain sparkle to this tasty meal. Over the weekend, I was at at the farmers market and I managed to get saffron jasmine rice. I have to say normally those are flavors I like, this time not so much, but a bit of salt and pepper helped.


Roasting garlic is something I always wanted to try, so I grabbed some fresh garlic. To roast it, I simply used the instructions I found here:  http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/roasted_garlic/ . A couple of notes though, 35 minutes is too long (at least in my oven) and I used butter instead of olive oil. I will be adding my roast garlic, sour creme, and a bit of horseradish  as a topper for baked potatoes, later in the week. I must say, I love roast garlic and it makes the house smell amazing.

For the pork chops, I simply seasoned with seasoning salt and pepper and the roasted garlic, baked at 350 for 30 minutes. I chose to to serve this meal with some garlic bread (are you sensing a theme?).

Till next time, fellow foodies!

2 comments:

  1. I love garlic! I have also never tried to roast it, so no i'm going to have to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SUPER easy to do. Now, I will say this: You have to use it fast, or freeze it because garlic can be a breeding ground for bacteria. But I am really excited to try it on a bake potato. Also, I added a little salt and pepper and it was pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete